Position Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
Seattle City Light, a department of the City of Seattle, is one of the nation’s largest municipally owned utilities in terms of the number of customers served. Over the years we have worked very hard to keep Seattle’s electricity affordable, reliable, and environmentally sound. Today, City Light is a recognized national leader in energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
The Environmental Equity Program strives to make equal environmental and economic benefits and burdens to its customers and the citizens of Seattle regardless of race, economic status, national origin, and English proficiency, as outlined by the City of Seattle’s Equity and Environment Agenda here:
The program works to educate City Light employees on strategies to meet this goal, strives to identify and change internal policies that are hurdles, and works with community partners to identify areas of opportunities to further environmental equity in everything we do. The Environmental Equity Intern will have the opportunity to support these goals and make an impact on a new program that is still in development.
During this internship, the intern will be specifically responsible for:
- Developing program marketing materials with guidance from program staff and the communications team;
- Creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations to key internal City of Seattle and community stakeholders;
- Assisting in development of training materials;
- Assisting in the facilitation of Environmental Equity and Race and Social Justice training for City Light staff and key internal and community stakeholders;
- Assisting in the development of community outreach strategies;
- Attending community events.
- Implementation of the Equity and Environment agenda;
- Exposure to and creating community engagement and inclusion strategies;
- Building skills in addressing equity and inclusion in municipal government.
For more information, see the full job posting.