Job Announcement: Part-Time Junior Analyst/Intern
Environment International Ltd., Seattle, WA, USA
Environment International Ltd. (EI) is a small, high-powered environmental consulting firm. Our main office is located in Seattle, Washington, and opened in 1994. Our smaller offices are located in Portland, Oregon; and Washington, D.C. We are an interdisciplinary team of environmental scientists, policy analysts, engineers and attorneys providing environmental consulting services in a variety of areas, including natural resource damage assessment, risk assessment, hazardous waste management, pollution prevention, environmental management systems, compliance audits, environmental policy analysis, institutional capacity development, and environmental facilitation and mediation. Our clients include governments, industry, and citizen groups. Visit our website at www.eiltd.net.
We are seeking a student with outstanding organizational, computer, writing and people skills for a part-time analyst position. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for completing administrative tasks, but may also be asked to assist with field work or analytical work, making experience in science or engineering desirable. The position allows for growth within the firm if an applicant has the appropriate background. Job responsibilities include:
1. Providing administrative support including answering the phone, managing emails and other correspondence, filing, billing, and tracking office supplies.
2. Assisting in the development of technical documents including proposals and reports.
3. Editing and preparing of marketing materials and documents.
4. Providing occasional project support for firm professionals, including scientists, environmental lawyers, and engineers.
5. Managing/overseeing schedules, travel arrangements and expenses for principals.
6. Providing light accounting and timesheet management.
The successful applicant must:
• Be pursuing a bachelor’s degree (minimum 3.0 GPA);
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Have strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• Be able to prioritize and multi-task while remaining flexible and effective
• Have a willingness to work hard at various tasks to help an exciting small consulting firm grow
• Live in a HUBZone (map of HUBZone locations: http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
• Eligible to participate in a work/study program.
• An academic focus in biology, chemistry, geology, or environmental science.
• Proficiency in GIS (ability to create figures in ArcMap, manipulate data for import into GIS, etc.)
• Prior experience with graphics programs such as Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator.