TITLE: Middle School Science Teacher
Warden Middle School
4 – 12 Endorsement in Science or K-8 Science Endorsement
The middle school Science instructor has the skills to provide classes from basic to advance Science. A thorough understanding of the performance expectation will be demonstrated through explicit instruction using a variety of instructional techniques to reach all students. Regularly using formative assessment to make instructional decisions for lesson planning and delivery is critical to student engagement and achievement. Providing alternative/creative methods to assure student achievement is necessary. Demonstrating solid classroom management is expected. Working alongside staff in a professional learning community is crucial to continued student achievement and implementing the adopted school district curriculum.
- Follow the district-adopted curriculum. Help transition to adopting the Common Core State Standards and the Smarter Balance assessment.
- Implement performance expectation in classes.
- Contribute as part of a professional learning community within the department for application of Science concepts.
- Remain current and share best Science instruction practices and research. Implement reading/writing strategies that are relevant to Science.
- Assess student work and implement instructional strategies to help students achieve within classes. Work closely with parents.
- Analyze student data to assist with determination of current and future courses.
- Within the middle school environment provide supervisory or coaching assistance.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate K-8 or 4-12 Science endorsement required.
- Willingness and ability to include special education and/or ELL students.
- Ability and interest in working with underserved students.
- Full computer literacy.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm for middle school students and staff.
- Demonstrated flexible and positive attitude.
For more information, see the full job posting.