Accepting applications for:
· Middle School Science Teacher
· Middle School Physical Education and Health Teacher
· Middle and High School Level English Teacher
· High School Spanish I Teacher
· High School French I Teacher
· Sign-Language Teacher
· Fine Arts Teacher
· Computer Teacher specializing in programing skills
· Photography teacher
All positions are part time and may be combined in such a way to create a full time position.
· Hold a current Oregon Teaching License with a middle level or subject endorsement
· Plan and implement lessons in accordance with Oregon state, and Archdiocesan standards.
· Create engaging lessons and activities that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Evaluate and assess student performance and progress
· Establish a positive learning environment that promotes a high level of achievement
· Manage student behavior for the purpose of providing an optimal and safe learning environment
· Enhance curriculum by developing lessons that utilize technology (specifically the iPad)
· Have a passion for teaching middle school students
· Willing to serve the school in other capacities such as science bowl coach
The successful candidate will be a thoughtful, experienced educator who demonstrates the following qualities:
· A practicing Catholic or a person who has a personal commitment to Catholic education preferred
· Has a current master’s degree in related field (Certification/endorsements in Certification/endorsements in earth science considered.).
· The ability to evaluate and improve educational programs
· The ability to lead and motivate others
· Is hardworking and passionate while showing and teaching personal grit
· The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
About Valley Catholic Middle School: http://www.valleycatholic.org
· Valley Catholic Middle School is a college preparatory school with high academic standards. Students in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grades participate in a specialized program designed to provide them with an age-appropriate transition through the middle school years and to prepare them for the academic challenges they will face in high school and college.
· The program’s curriculum follows the requirements outlined in the content standards for the Archdiocese of Portland and the State of Oregon. Curriculum and policies were developed after thorough study of the Valley Catholic High School program and consultation with area public and parochial middle and high schools. In addition, Valley Catholic Middle School has a capstone project that follow the standards of the IB Middle Years Programme.
Valley Catholic Middle School includes grades 6-8.
Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
Total enrollment is 250.
39 total faculty/staff including shared staff with Valley Catholic High School and Valley Catholic Elementary School
82% of the faculty have a master’s degree or higher
48% of the students and 57% of the faculty are Catholic
STUDENT GENDER RATIO
54% female and 46% male student ratio
STUDENT ETHNIC RATIO
Students of color 42.5%
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to HR@ssmoministries.org.