Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is looking for an experienced, creative, and talented person to develop and edit curriculum content for our Coral Reef Education Portal. This is a contract and temporary position that can be done from home.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Professional quality writing, editing, and proofreading skills with the ability to write to an academic audience
- Edit curriculum for grammar, mechanics, and content
- Proofread existing curriculum
- Review content for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to specifications
- Works directly with the Education Programs Specialist to create engaging lesson plans that relate to our Coral Reef Ecology curriculum
- Align lesson plans in accordance with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), Ocean Literary: Essential Principles and Fundamental Concepts, and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Create lesson plans that are one of a kind and they are not replications of other lesson plans
- Differentiate instruction to accommodate all learners and learning styles
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; master’s preferred. 3-5 years of experience developing, writing, and editing curriculum. At least two years experience in teaching in formal education at the secondary level preferred. Experience teaching and/or writing about marine ecosystems (eg. coral reefs, mangroves, and seagrass) is preferred. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication is essential.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and two original curriculum writing samples by April 12, 2016 to email@example.com.