Outreach Program Manager
Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education
Location: Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Position Description: The WCEE Outreach Program Manager has direct oversight of WCEE outreach program implementation and management. The Outreach Program Manager reports to and works closely with the WCEE Director to align programs with and integrate program staff to meet the vision and mission of the WCEE. The Outreach Program Manager is the day-to-day manager of the WCEE outreach programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following priorities.
- Staff Supervision and Coordination
- Coordinate outreach services across programs.
- Facilitate communication among staff to promote operational efficiencies.
- Work closely with the WCEE Director to hire, train, and support WCEE Outreach Specialists. Facilitate on-going staff development.
- Directly supervise and evaluate WCEE Outreach Specialists based on their annual work plans.
- WCEE Program Coordination
- Assure the quality and integrity of WCEE outreach programs.
- Work with the WCEE Outreach Specialists, WCEE Director, and WCEE Faculty to develop mission-based program goals, conduct formative and summative evaluations, and report program outcomes to funders.
- Serve as the lead WCEE representative of current and future WCEE outreach programs.
- Build relationships with existing and potential WCEE partners and stakeholders.
- Stay current on research and trends in EE and related fields.
- Work with the WCEE Director, WCEE Faculty, and WCEE Outreach Specialists to revise current programs and implement new programs and approaches to meet the identified needs of WCEE audiences.
- Create and manage outreach program budgets, in collaboration with the WCEE Director and WCEE budget officer.
- Other Duties
- Work with the faculty to integrate WCEE programs and Outreach Specialists into undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Work with the WCEE Director, WCEE Faculty, and WCEE Outreach Specialists to identify and pursue external funding opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the WCEE director.
Department/University Description: The Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education (WCEE) housed in the College of Natural Resources at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is home to several statewide outreach programs, including Wisconsin’s K-12 Energy Education Program (KEEP) and Wisconsin’s K-12 Forestry Education Program (LEAF). The WCEE fosters universal environmental and social responsibility through the development, dissemination, implementation, and evaluation of sustainability and environmental education programs in PK-12 schools and communities.
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, part of the University of Wisconsin System, is a leading four-year comprehensive institution located in scenic Central Wisconsin. Approximately 9,300 students are enrolled with a student faculty ratio of 20:1 in the classroom. While primarily serving undergraduates through a variety of baccalaureate programs, UW-Stevens Point also offers several master’s level graduate programs and an applied doctoral degree (Au.D.) in audiology. The 406-acre campus features state-of-the-art facilities and the Schmeeckle Nature Reserve. The university has a strong focus on sustainability initiatives and has been named one of the nation’s green universities by The Princeton Review. The university is committed to creating a safe, inclusive learning community for all faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Visit www.uwsp.edu for more information about UW-Stevens Point.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years of experience
- Professional experience related to environmental education and/or sustainability
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and evaluating multiple personnel
- Experience with budget management
- Experience working with stakeholders or partner organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in a related field with at least 3 years of related experience
- Previous responsibility for a program or project budget
- Experience designing and/or implementing program evaluations
- Experience with acquiring funding from public, private, and/or governmental sources
- Experience working with K-12 students and teachers
- Expertise related to energy education and/or sustainable forestry education to support current WCEE programs
Appointment Date: February 1, 2016 or shortly thereafter
Terms of Employment: This is a 12-month, full time, fixed-term academic staff annual appointment with a competitive salary and fringe benefits package.
Deadline: Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting January 9, 2016. To assure consideration, completed applications need to be received by end of day on January 8, 2016. Applications received on or after January 9, 2016 may be considered.
For application information, visit: http://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/default.aspx