Since 1964, Seattle Country Day School has been inspiring gifted children in grades K-8 to discover their potential through inquiry. Students are the center of a dynamic learning and discovery process. Experienced teachers focus on intellectual and character growth, attending to the social, ethical, and emotional needs of sensitive and capable students. Small classes generate curiosity and innovation through inquiry learning, and provide opportunities for collaborative experiences with a curriculum rich in mathematics, science, technology, humanities, and the arts.
Seattle Country Day School affirms that attracting, supporting, and embracing a diverse community is critical to fulfilling its mission of educating gifted students, and seeks diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds in its faculty in order to reflect the diversity inherent in a multicultural city and society. The school is committed to diversity among students, faculty, staff, and Board of Trustees, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical challenges.
Twenty hours per week, approximately 4 hours per day, varying with faculty development and early dismissal days. Weekly schedule may be flexible and worked out with the approval of the Extended Day Director.
Experience supervising children is required. Knowledge of cognitive and emotional development of children ranging from 5 to 13 years of age preferred. Must also have an energetic, flexible personality and a sense of humor. Have strong oral communication skills and be able to organize and prioritize.
The Extended Day Staff will work under the supervision of the Extended Day Director to assist in providing a safe, caring, and challenging environment for children. Maintain consistent expectations of the students for behavior and attitude, while emphasizing respect and responsibility. Assist in the preparation of snack. Create, choose, and supervise stimulating projects and learning opportunities for students. Build respectful and supportive relationships with students.
Student Program and Supervision
– Provide students with an appropriate range of after-school opportunities. These should include a wide range of options to suit our students, from highly active physical play, to guided instruction in specific subject or interest areas, to quiet and reflective study time;
– Ensure Extended Day policies are followed regarding the checking-in & checking-out process;
– Ensure a safe, secure, and healthy program of student supervision during after-school hours;
– Communicate with parents on a regular basis.
– Attend Extended Day Staff meetings;
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Extended Day Director.
$14-15 an hour
Send cover letter, application, and resume to email@example.com