Math and Science Educational Consultant (Per Diem, Independent Contractor)
Agile Mind, www.agilemind.com, is seeking exceptional educational consultants (Agile Mind Advisors) to support teacher effectiveness and student achievement in secondary mathematics and science through professional development seminars and coaching activities.
About the Company
In collaboration with the Charles A. Dana Center at the University of Texas at Austin, Biological Sciences Curriculum Study (BSCS), and other educators throughout the country, Agile Mind develops, disseminates, and continuously improves high-quality research-based online programs, assessments and resources. They are designed to support middle and high school teachers and students – particularly those in underserved communities – in dramatically improving academic achievement. Agile Mind is committed to excellence, equity, and sustainable school capacity. To learn more about Agile Mind, visit www.agilemind.com.
About the Work
Work is primarily school-based during the school year and requires intensive interaction with teachers and school leaders. In the late spring and summer, work focuses on 2 to 3 day regional professional development sessions at locations across the nation.
Agile Mind Advisors:
- Support teachers and school leaders in implementing best instructional practices in the math/science classroom and deepening content knowledge and pedagogy of teachers.
- Deliver professional development sessions for teachers and leaders in a variety of contexts, including at large scale regional training sessions for multiple partners during the summer and local and/or site-based training and coaching throughout the school year.
- Perform consultative work during the academic year with individual Agile Mind partner schools and districts, including (but not limited to) observations and data analysis to determine needs and collaborative planning to address those needs.
- Develop and enact goal-specific service plans for differentiated school-based support aligned to meet the needs of teachers and leaders.
- Model effective math/science instruction with Agile Mind course programs.
- Serve as a model of excellence and research-based best practices through the delivery of protocol-driven professional development, co-planning and co-teaching.
- Provide district and school leaders with written reports documenting the planning, delivery and follow-up for professional development, including thoughtful recommendations for next steps and strategic improvement.
- Obtain appropriate certification on Agile Mind course programs, tools, resources and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with adult learners as a math coach/professional developer;
- Experience as a secondary math and/or science teacher
- Strong content knowledge in mathematics and/or science
- Knowledgeable in curriculum and instructional strategies in mathematics, science and social-emotional learning.
- Dynamic presenter, comfortable engaging large groups of educators in professional workshops and work-sessions,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability to deliver professional development during the summer and throughout the school year.
- Availability for overnight travel with residence in close proximity of a major metropolitan airport.
- Experience working with school district leaders.
- Experience with digital curriculum, assessments, professional development and online collaboration tools.
- Superior interpersonal skills to motivate teachers and leaders within a school
- Proven success in advocating for change in high-needs schools with a deep commitment to Agile Mind’s mission
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.