Location: Orlando, Florida
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
This position is an as needed, part-time, hourly role providing conservation education experiences within an informal setting. The instructor will interact with Park Guests, as well as teach conservation education programs to groups of students or adults, at one of the following locations: Disney’s Animal Kingdom, The Seas at Epcot, or off property within the local community. The successful candidate will have a presentation style that is both interactive and entertaining.
- Interact onstage with Guests at one of the following locations: Disney’s Animal Kingdom, The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, or off property within the local community
- Teach conservation education programs to groups of students or adults at one of the following locations: Disney’s Animal Kingdom, The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, or off property within the local community
- Completed College course work in Biology, Zoology, Wildlife Management, Environmental Education, Environmental Science, Elementary/Secondary Education, OR experience in the informal education field (educator at an aquarium, zoo, or environmental center)
- Proven experience working with multi-aged groups with an interactive, entertaining, non-lecture approach to teaching
- This role is Part Time and requires a minimum of three full days of availability including nights, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated ability to tolerate leading outdoor activities throughout the year and prolonged standing for up to three hours at a time
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Some roles require the ability to swim, work at various heights and the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Candidate who prefers an informal education environment
- Exhibit a passion for conservation education
- Bilingual preferred for some roles
- Strong verbal communication skills and is capable of speaking to large groups of children and adults
- Ability to relate well to a diverse Disney audience
- Ability to value and respect the opinions and beliefs of others
- Flexible approach to daily responsibilities, possess a positive approach to a team environment
- Preferred candidates will have availability on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Completed College course work in Biology, Zoology, Wildlife Management, Environmental Education, Environmental Science, Elementary/Secondary Education