Job Title: Education Program Manager – CAT Aware Education Program
Company: Felidae Conservation Fund
Location: MILL VALLEY, CA
Application Deadline: June 1, 2015
Apply to: email@example.com
Job Type: Paid Job
Felidae Conservation Fund is a 501c3 non-profit based in Sausalito, CA. Our mission is to advance the conservation of the world’s wild cats and their habitats through a combination of pioneering research, compelling education and state-of-the-art technology. Learn more at www.felidaefund.org and www.bapp.org.
The CAT Aware Environmental Education Program: http://felidaefund.org/?q=school-programs
The CAT Aware Education Program uses mountain lions (also called pumas) as a focal species to teach middle and high school students about local ecology and the threats from human development. It includes live presentations at local schools, a classroom-based predator-prey lab activity, and field trips to puma habitat to experience real field biology. The objective is to dispel unfounded fears, increase understanding and appreciation for the richness of our local ecologies, and promote greater awareness of the need to take steps now before this heritage is lost.
Responsibilities – Note that this is a PART-TIME position. See below for additional details.
– Develop and maintain relationships with schools in 5 target counties (San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Monterey); initiate communication with educators; sell them on engaging with the program.
– Work with educators to schedule the presentation, lab, and field trip activities.
– Attend and lead the program activities and ensure their successful execution.
– Contribute to improving the program and its materials and protocols.
– Coordinate and manage Education Advisory Board Meetings, including corresponding with board members to schedule meetings, participating in meetings, and post-meeting follow-up.
– Education/Training — Preferred Bachelors of Arts or Science Degree relating to biology, ecology, environmental studies.
– Experience in Environmental Education is a PLUS.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate well to a group.
– Flexible schedule for attending school programs. May include some Saturdays for field trip activities and exhibit festivals
– Can periodically meet in Marin County for team meetings and Advisory Board meetings.
– Must have your own car (some minimal transport of Program materials).
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Time Period — 10 months from Mid-August 2015 to Mid-June 2016
Location — Bay Area – South Bay Area and East Bay Area are main areas of focus, with some activities in Marin and North Bay
Compensation — Approx. 15 hrs/week, Depends on experience
To apply: Please email your resume and a brief statement of why this position appeals to you to firstname.lastname@example.org.