We’re looking for current MAPS members to become more involved with our organization through a new generation of officers! Below is our description for each officer role available, and you may select up to three roles to apply for on the application. The application can also be found on the MAPS website.
MAPS Website: https://catalyst.uw.edu/workspace/mapsuw/19038/360718
The positions available for all students to apply for (up to three on the application) are:
- Vice President
- Public Relations
- Director of Communications
- Diversity Liaison
- Health Network Liaison
- Professional School Liaison
- Community Service/Philanthropy Chair
- Advocacy/Education Liaison
The description for each officer role can be found on the Catalyst application. In addition, please visit the MAPS Catalyst Website’s Leadership tab and feel free to contact the current 2014-2015 officers for any questions you have about a particular position (https://catalyst.uw.edu/workspace/mapsuw/19038/112232).
The expectations for MAPS Officers are:
- Commit to one whole academic year to be a part of MAPS and contribute by fulfilling the officer duties for the position listed
- CONSISTENTLY attend MAPS general meetings and CONSISTENTLY able to attend MAPS officer meetings when asked to (Tuesdays from 7-8pm, following MAPS general meetings, subject to change)
- Attend major events, such as The Pre-Health Conference and fundraisers
- Good communication, time management, and participation in MAPS general meetings and events
- Be a team player and advocate for the UW MAPS mission, being a good representative of our organization and our community
Requirements for application:
-Must be a University of Washington Seattle undergraduate
-Must be a registered MAPS Year Member (if you have not done this yet, you can still fill out a membership application and bring your dues to a general meeting as long as it is before the application deadline)
-Must SUBMIT THE APPLICATION by Sunday, May 3rd by 11:59PM completely. No exceptions.
-MUST ATTEND the MAPS general meeting on Tuesday, May 5th, 2015 from 6-7pm for officer elections, shortly after the due date of the application. You must give a short applicant speech of 1-2 minutes on why you want to be a MAPS officer. More details to follow.
-MAPS Leadership Board members of 2014-2015 (Being a Leadership Board member does not guarantee an officer position in 2015-2016).
-Members who have consistently attended general meetings and events
-Members who are committed to the mission and best represent our values
Please fill out this Catalyst survey by Sunday, May 3rd by 11:59PM completely. If you do not finish this application in one sitting, please save your work and be sure to submit it later by the deadline. https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/nguyej7/265277
Afterwards, election speeches that will take place Tuesday, May 5th during the MAPS general meeting from 6-7pm, and then MAPS officers and a select committee of alumni will convene to make decisions based on the application and election speeches.
If you have any questions, please email John Nguyen at email@example.com.