PSESD seeks an Early Learning Senior Coordinator for Education Services, with a strong background in comprehensive early childhood principles of education and a focus on early math and science. This position will provide leadership and partnership within our region-wide early learning system with the goal of ensuring equitable educational opportunities and sustainable child development and academic outcomes. The EL Sr. Coordinator, Education will support planning, development, alignment and implementation of cohesive early learning systems that support strong math and science outcomes for all children in the PSESD region.
PSESD is a multicultural, antiracist organization and is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and k-12 services in the state
- BA/BS degree in ECE, Child and Family Studies, Elementary Education, Human Development or Curriculum and Instruction; OR BA in unrelated field (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, etc.) AND 30 college credits in ECE (AA degree and progressively responsible job-related experience may substitute for BA/BS degree.) **Unofficial Transcript must be included as part of a complete application**
- Professional experience working in comprehensive programs serving low-income and/or diverse young children, which includes experience mentoring, coaching, supervising and/or providing technical assistance.
- Professional experience teaching and/or coaching with an emphasis on mathematics.
- Experience working with children ages Birth to 5.
- Head Start, Early Head Start, ECEAP or other state-funded Pre-K experience.
- Experience providing group or staff training.
- Specialized knowledge or experience working with specific populations of children (e.g. children with disabilities, children with challenging behaviors and/or mental health concerns, etc.).
- Experience or knowledge of systems thinking/development and/or leadership development/coaching.
- Training in and experience with the instruction of science.
*Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications
Schedule: FT, year ‘round. $57,567-$66,760/year. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Excellent benefit/retirement package including 24 vacation days, participation in Washing State Department of Retirement System, and the opportunity to work with a highly skilled and dedicated workforce committed to the communities we serve. Open until filled. For best consideration, submit complete application by Tuesday, 3/31/2015.
For more information about this position, view the Job Description here.