Brightmont Academy is seeking a part-time Math/Science Instructor for our Bellevue campus. This position offers the opportunity to work one-on-one with students of all levels. Central to Brightmont Academy’s approach, the Brightmont Instructor works toward student success through guiding the student’s instruction to their background, interests, aspirations and learning style. The Instructor utilizes the core Brightmont Dimensions that define the values and actions that are crucial to fulfilling our mission and ensuring a consistent, effective experience for students across all our campuses.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university.
- Current Washington State Teacher certification preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience teaching grades 6-12.
- Ability to teach all levels of math (pre-Algebra through Calculus), as well as Biology and Chemistry.
- Special Education background and ability to teach additional subject areas preferred.
- General computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to commit to a set part-time schedule.
- Adheres to the professional teaching obligations as assigned by the Campus Director including meeting deadlines, adhering to course schedules, and maintaining teacher certification.
- Demonstrates awareness of student’s background, skills, proficiencies, interests, learning styles, and special needs in lesson planning, pacing, and presentation.
- Establishes an environment of mutual respect, high expectations, and professionalism where students are encouraged and supported to be actively engaged in the learning process by consistently demonstrating a passion for the subject and learning.
- Demonstrates professionalism, caring, and respect in all communications with students, parents, staff, visitors, and other education professionals, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Ability to pass a Social Security Administration E-Verify check for U.S. work authorization.
Brightmont Academy and Apex Learning are EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS
- Utilizes curriculum to instruct students towards standards using a variety of techniques including lecturing, demonstrating and audiovisual aids to supplement the information.
- Employs innovative instructional methods, adjusts instructional strategies, and differentiates/modifies curriculum to meet each student’s academic goals and learning needs, both when the student starts and as he/she progresses.
- Applies subject area knowledge and expertise and offers positive feedback, ongoing motivation, coaching, and other support to promote student confidence, create a safe place for learning, and achieve high academic outcomes for each student.
- Maintains a physical classroom learning environment which makes learning fun and relevant while setting high expectations for student conduct and performance.
- Effectively maintains a student binder system by recording course objectives, lesson coverage, next day lesson plans, progress reports, and a variety of formative and summative assessments that track student learning against goals.
- Grades student work and maintains confidentiality of student information.
- Collaborates closely with and seeks feedback from campus staff to proactively share teaching resources, techniques, and methods.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, attends staff meetings, completes written progress reports twice each month, and is responsive to director requests.
For more information, see https://brightmontacademy-apexlearning.icims.com/jobs/1185/part-time-math-science-instructor/job