Are you a graduating senior? Did you go to high school in Washington state? Did a high school teacher make a significant impact on who you are today and where you’re going? We want to hear from you.
The inaugural University of Washington True North Award for Inspired Teaching recognizes high school teachers who have inspired, challenged and made significant contributions to the lives of their students. The award will honor up to 20 student-nominated high school teachers for their:
- Dedication to teaching and mentoring,
- Ability to help students discover their individual “true north,”
- Continued commitment to the potential each student embodies, and
- Contributions to the future growth of the next generation.
Nomination Form URL: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/hunnij/260786
Nominators must currently be graduating seniors in good standing at the UW. To complete this nomination you will need the following information:
- First and last name of your nominee,
- Nominee’s email address, and
- Basic information about their current position and school.
All nominees must have taught or currently teach at a high school/secondary school in Washington state. The deadline to nominate is March 13th, 2015.
Recipients of the True North Award for Inspired Teaching will be recognized by their student nominator (you) at a reception hosted by Undergraduate Academic Affairs on the evening of April 28, 2015 at the UW Seattle campus.
Questions? Contact Jessica Hunnicutt at email@example.com