Job Title: Seasonal Environmental Education Internship
Company: Green Valleys Watershed Association
Location: Pottstown, PA
Application Deadline: April 24, 2015
Apply to: email@example.com
Job Type: Paid Job
Green Valleys Watershed Association, located in the suburbs of Pottstown, PA, on 197-acres at Welkinweir, is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual interested in delivering programs to children of various ages, in an informal, outdoor setting.
Green Valleys’ Environmental Education Internship consists of two main positions:
On-Site Program Educator: Assist with, and lead stream and pond study programs, including water quality monitoring and habitat assessments, for visiting 6th grade students.
Senior Camp Counselor: Develop, prepare, and teach age-appropriate, environmental education activities for children attending GVA’s 8-week Summer Nature Day Camp. Grade levels range from 1 to 7, and includes leading students in grades 6 and 7 on field trips.
Education and Experience Required
- Current or recent college graduate with major or degree in environmental or outdoor education or recreation, environmental science, biology, forestry, or elementary education fields. GPA of 3.7 or higher.
- Interested or experienced in teaching children in outdoor settings.
- Aptitude/comfort with learning basic natural history/ecology concepts, as needed.
- Outstanding planning, organizing, and management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; ability to be a creative and flexible team player.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate in MS Office, Word, and Internet research (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign optional).
- Must pass criminal background check and child abuse clearances; and have own, reliable transportation.
Benefits Weekly Stipend offered. Arrangements can be made for college credit. Housing is not provided.